3rd Birthday Spongebob Squarepants Cake
I made this Spongebob Squarepants cake for my son’s 3rd birthday.
Who lives in a Pineapple under the sea? Spongebob Squarepants!
After having to listened to this song 24/7, my son wanted his 3rd birthday to be all about Spongebob.
Spongebob Squarepants Cake Instructions
- I made the base of the cake into a square and cut the other square cake into 3 sections by stacking them together to make the backdrop.
- I covered it with buttercream icing in a swirl method to make it look like the sea.
- I used fondant in soap molds designed with sea creatures for the starfish and shells.Spongebob was my masterpiece.
- I cut out a square piece of cake and covered it with fondant.
- Using my Cricut machine, I cut out a paper design to make the Spongebob face, tie, and outfit.
- The arms and legs are yellow twizzlers.
- I put fondant around the base of the legs to make the socks and shoes.
For his party, I dressed my son in a shirt and hat made like Spongebob and all of the food was labeled as Spongebob characters like Planktons for the hot dogs.