Cutest Ladybug Birthday Cake
I made this ladybug birthday cake for my granddaughter, Catie.
Ladybug Birthday Cake Instructions
- I started by making two ten inch round French vanilla cakes.
- Then, I bake one dozen cupcakes.
- When the cakes were cool I frosted them with buttercream frosting.
- Then, I covered the round cake with fondant.
- I covered the cupcakes with colored icing then placed a cut out C on each of the cupcakes for my granddaughter’s name.
- Next, I added a little extra decorations to make them pretty, as my granddaughter says.
- then, I cut out rounds of fondant and placed them around the ten inch cake.
- The larger lady bug on the ten inch cake is a cupcake covered in fondant and decorated with fondant cut outs.
- I use candy molds to make the smaller lady bugs for the cake. I just put my fondant in the molds and let it sit for a minute and then I popped the little lady bugs out.
- I used a food pen to draw on the cake.
This cake was one of my granddaughter’s favorite cakes. Her little friends loved it also.