Coolest 3D Gizmo Gremlin Cake
This Gizmo Gremlin cake was so much fun to make that I felt like a little kid again.
Gizmo Gremlin Cake Instructions
- After baking all of the cakes. I pop them into the freezer to cool. When carving cakes I’ve always found it best to let them firm up in the freezer first. This way when I go to carve them they won’t crumble apart and will keep their shape.
- After carving Gizmo and giving him a good crumb coat, I placed him back into the refrigerator.
- As he was chilling in the fridge, I worked on his face and ears which I made out of fondant.
- His ears were the most challenging. Not knowing how to apply them to his body, I decided to put them on sticks to hold their shape.
- I placed Gizmo’s face and ears aside to dry while I worked on whipping up some homemade buttercream.
- Dividing the buttercream in half, I left one portion white and the other half I made brown to create his fur.
- I could see him coming to life as I applied his face, even before I piped on his fur.
- After piping buttercream on his entire body, I added his ears.
- I then put him back into the refrigerator.
The most hilarious thing happened when my 9 year old daughter got home from school. All of a sudden I heard her scream from the kitchen “Mom there’s a Gremlin in our refrigerator and he’s eyeballing me.”