Coolest Cat in the Hat with Thing 1 and Thing 2 Diaper Cake
This is a Cat in the Hat with Thing 1 and Thing 2 Diaper Cake. This was made for twin boys.
- 1 box 92 count newborn Pampers Swaddlers
- Spool of red and white striped ribbon from Walmart
- Blue and white polka dot spool of ribbon from Walmart
- Cat in the Hat images from the internet printed on Photo paper
- 1 Popsicle stick
- blue shredded crinkle paper from a party store
- Cat in the Hat book
- 2 hats for the twins that say, “Thing 1, Thing 2″
I rolled up all diapers with rubber bands and then arranged them into tiers. I shaped each tier so that it would be rounded then secured it with ribbon. I tied the ribbon into knots in the back but you could hot glue/glue dot to hold the ribbon ends secure.
I arranged the tiers from large to small sitting on top of each other.
For the top tier, I used a Popsicle stick and taped it to the back of the image and pushed it thru a fold in the middle diaper. I then used glue dots to secure the other images . I used the blue shredded crinkle paper to scatter around top of each tier to add interest and color.
Hardest part was spending time to roll and rubber band the diapers. This wasn’t as expensive as other diaper cakes since there wasn’t added baby items.
The Thing 2 figure fell on the floor when I was putting this together. My dog ran off with it and chewed it up. I thought that I was going nuts since I couldn’t find it. I later found Thing 2 all in pieces.