My son needed a short notice school project in two days and he asked if I could help make a Hamsa hand design out of cupcakes. I had no idea what Hamsa was, so I looked it up on the interweb and found lots of ideas.
I make cakes and cupcakes but I’d never made a cupcake cake. I remembered seeing a cupcake cake at our local bakery, but I only had a few things to work with and not much money to spend at the time.
- I made the cupcakes and then arranged them how I wanted them to look for the Hamsa hand design.
- I then spread icing on the cupcakes.
- I only had one tub of white icing (dyed half blue), so I had to use it sparingly (no mess-ups).
- I put half of the blue icing in a bag with a flower tip and made a border around the cake.
- I used little pearls for the middle of the flower that I had left over from another project.
- I colored the leftover white icing and some powdered sugar with yellow, purple and green dye.
- Carefully, I drew the best I could.
Voila! Here is the finished product (just in time).