I made this snake birthday cake for my 5 year old’s birthday party. It was a huge hit!
King Cobra Snake Cake Details
- I used 2 bundt cakes and cut them into pieces to shape the body of the snake.
- The head and tail were made with Rice Krispy treats.
- The head was a bit of a challenge. It became pretty heavy because of the additional amount of Rice Krispy treats needed to make the hood on the snake. I had to use 2 wooden skewers to prop the head up. This actually ended up working out great because the skewer tips poked through at the right place and looked like fangs!
- I cut up a red Fruit Roll-Up to make the tongue and I used brown M&Ms for the eyes.
- I iced the cake in two shades of blue frosting, using the daker blue for the head and stripes.
- The snake was placed in a grass setting and it stretched across almost half of the table.