Priceless Port-a-John Birthday Cake
I made this Port-a-John cake for my son in law who works at one of those jobs that I know someone has to do, but I’m just glad that someone is not me. Making his cake took some time to think it through, but I finally came up with something.
Port-a-John Birthday Cake Instructions
- I made a chocolate sheet cake with buttercream frosting.
- I made the marshmallow fondant and started to mold a Port-a-John truck. This took some time and creativity.
- It took me a while to figure out how to assemble the truck once I had all the different parts made. I even made the hose that laid in the bed of the truck.
- After the truck was complete, I started molding little Port-a-Johns to decorate the cake. Those were harder than I thought they would be, but eventually I got two made.
- I rolled out some black fondant and made a small road for the truck to sit on.
The cake turned out very well I thought. When my son in law saw the cake for the first time his facial expression was priceless. He started to laugh and couldn’t believe I had made him a Port-a-John truck birthday cake.