The base of this Twix anti-gravity cake is a basic cake with chocolate icing. The top of the cake is a chocolate ganache that is very simple to make.
- Scald 1/2 cup of heavy cream and remove from heat.
- Pour over a 12 oz bag of your choice of chocolate chips.
- Mix with a whisk lightly until well blended… till it looks like a shiny chocolate syrup.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then spoon over the top of the cake.
- Let cool.
ASSEMBLING THE TWIX ANTI-GRAVITY CAKE
- Cut a wooden dowel or plastic tube to your preferred “pouring candy” height and insert it into the cake.
- Attach and arrange candies of your choice along the entire dowel and across the top of the cake to look like they’re being poured out. You can secure candies to dowel by using royal icing or melted chocolate.
- Attach candy bag at top of the dowel using the same method.
- Add more candies to fill in voids where dowel may show through.