Holiday cake ideas are a wonderful opportunity for cake bakers to share their cake decorating skills with family and friends. It can get hectic trying to bake and decorate at the same time as regular holiday preparations. However, one look at this section, and you will agree that making holiday cakes are definitely worth it!
Halloween cakes are so much fun to peruse. The creativity is incredible! Scare your loved ones with amazing spooky graveyard and creepy skull cakes. Check out Thanksgiving themes where cakes are decorated in gorgeous Fall colors. Christmas cakes will put you in a festive mood. Celebrate with a New Year’s Eve and Mardi Gras cakes. Take in the beautiful pastel Easter egg cakes.
In addition, you will find cakes here to commemorate special occasions. Most of them include wedding, anniversary, and retirement cakes. There are also bridal shower, baptism and christening cakes. You will even find a divorce cake!
Whatever you are celebrating, make it unforgettable with one of these holiday cake ideas.
Latest Holiday Cake Ideas
- Romantic Homemade Valentine CakesI browsed this site for cool Valentine cakes and this is what I came up with. This was my second … Read more
- Coolest St. Patrick’s Day Holiday CakesThis cake was for my son’s first birthday! We did a St. Patrick theme party but I wanted the cake … Read more
- Coolest Religious Symbol and Special Occasion Cake IdeasThis special occasion cake was made for an infants baptism. I displayed it on a Southern Living Tray turned upside … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Graduation Cap Cake With Pencils and DiplomaI wanted to make my daughter a special cake for her graduation from university. This is the graduation cake I … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Monkey Graduation CakeThis homemade graduation cake was made for a friend’s daughter’s graduation… she loves monkeys. I made the monkey out of … Read more
- Coolest Heart Shaped Box CakeThe homemade heart shaped box cake is two 12” heart, dark chocolate, cakes. The cakes were covered in cream cheese … Read more
- Coolest Me to You Teddy Bears CakeI did this Me to You Teddy Bears Cake for a girl who is a great fan of the Me … Read more
- 15+ Coolest Graduation Cakes – Awesome Graduation Cake Ideas!This cool collection of graduation cakes is sure to provide you with inspiration as you set off to create the coolest graduation cake … Read more
- 7 Cool Graduation Cake Ideas for Med School GraduatesThis cool collection of Graduation cake ideas is sure to provide you with inspiration as you set off to create the coolest graduation … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Bapstism Cake With a Rustic ThemeI made this cake for my daughter’s best friend’s Little Angel. I used yellow fondant to cover the cake and … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Funny Divorce CakeGoing through a 3 year divorce is exhausting mentally and physically but you learn how to push yourself and it … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Jerusalem Wailing Wall CakeI made this Wailing Wall cake to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Jerusalem Day for my daughter’s kindergarten. Background for … Read more
Featured Holiday Cake Ideas
This Christmas snow globe cake was made for a family dinner.
- It was a 3-layer 8 inch vanilla cake with white chocolate ganache filling.
- I iced the cake in buttercream, covered it in red fondant, amd embellished it in white fondant snowflakes.
- The snow globe was created with a glass bowl from the Dollar Store.
I made this cake for my husband’s birthday. He is almost a Halloween baby, so I decided to surprise him with this little fellow. It is a ‘wine cake’ that you have to baby sit for a week by dripping sweet wine daily. The batter contains dry fruits and nuts, similar to a fruit cake, but tastes very different. The base was baked on an aluminum pan to give the coffin shape and the mummy was carved out of a bear molded cake. Read more »
My name is Celeste and I am a hobby baker. I made this turkey cake for my husband’s work Thanksgiving Party (Dept. of Veterans…, D.C.).
To make the cake I used chocolate cake (because that’s what my husband requested) and I used two 11 inch round cakes, both 2 inches high. Read more »