Take a look at these cool homemade Garfield cakes shared with us by cake decorators from around the world. Along with the birthday cakes here, you’ll also find loads DIY birthday cake-making ideas and how-to tips to inspire your next birthday cake project. Enjoy!
And don’t forget… if you end up with a cool cake, have great tips to share or pictures of awesome birthday cakes you’ve made in the past, share them here and be a part of our coolest birthday cake community.
Latest Garfield Birthday Cakes
- Coolest Garfield Cake Photos and How-To Tips 5I baked this cake for my oldest sons 5th birthday. First I baked a single box mix French-vanilla cake (Betty … Read more
- Coolest Garfield Birthday CakeI made this Garfield Birthday Cake for my brother’s daughter. She loves Garfield and he could not find a good … Read more
- Coolest Garfield Cake DesignThis Homemade Garfield Cake Design was taken from a Debbie Brown cookbook. The cake itself was terrible!! I used a … Read more
- Coolest Garfield CakeI made this Homemade Garfield Cake for my granddaughter’s seventh birthday. This cake was actually how I found this site, … Read more
- Garfield CakeI Tried to follow one of the previous Garfield plans and failed badly so I hand drew on the cake … Read more
- Cool Homemade Garfield CakeI made this Garfield cake for my mother’s 50th birthday, it was a big hit. If I would have had … Read more
- Awesome Homemade 3D Garfield Birthday CakeI did this Garfield Birthday Cake for my daughter’s 3rd birthday because she loved to watch Garfield’s movies. It is … Read more
- Cool Homemade Garfield Cake DesignThis was meant to be Garfield – my first attempt to make the lovable cat for my brother’s upcoming 21st … Read more
- Coolest Garfield Cake from “Scratch”My 9 year old son found his Uncle’s “vintage” Garfield comic books over the holidays and has been reading nothing … Read more
- Coolest Garfield Cake Photos and How-To Tips 0This cake was a normal sponge cake recipe baked in a large rectangle pan. I got a picture from the … Read more
- Coolest Garfield Cake Photos and How-To Tips 1I made this cake for my husbands 30th birthday. (I know it says 21st on the cake board but that … Read more
- Coolest Garfield Cake Photos and How-To Tips 2My niece requested a Garfield cake for her birthday. I used the Wilton Garfield cake pan to create this cake. … Read more
This cake was a normal sponge cake recipe baked in a large rectangle pan. I got a picture from the Internet and traced it on the cake after I layered with icing (used a toothpick). Thereafter I started the outline of the picture with the colors I created myself. And to my surprise it came out okay. Everyone loved Garfield including the birthday boy!
I made this cake for my husbands 30th birthday. (I know it says 21st on the cake board but that because he always says he still looks 21!) Anyway I wanted a fun birthday cake for him and he does like Garfield.
I hired the cake pan from a local shop and asked their advice on how to decorate it. I chose to use orange colored fondant icing to cover the whole cake. (As this was my first ever attempt at such a large cake! I thought it would be easier than using a star nozzle all over the cake). I went round with edible black pen and used white fondant icing for his mouth area.
If you are new to making cakes this is a great one to start with! Everyone was so impressed!
My niece requested a Garfield cake for her birthday. I used the Wilton Garfield cake pan to create this cake. The pan originally had a faceplate however I no longer had that. So I had to free hand the face.
I baked this cake using a 1980 Wilton Garfield pan I bought recently at a rummage sale for $2.00. There was no pattern (not even on the internet) luckily I’m an 80’s baby so my mom had a picture of one she had done for me.
I went by it and I think it turned out (I still don’t know how many cups of batter the pan takes). I get under or over which can be a mess (lol), so I’ve been putting them on a round or rectangle cakes.
The image of was taken from a book. I enlarged the image on a photocopier, and then traced it onto wax paper using a sharpie pen. On the backside of the wax paper I retraced the image with black icing gel, and then pressed it onto the top of the Garfield cake, after the white butter cream icing had set.
Once the basic outline was on the cake, I outlined everything in black butter cream icing, using a no. 3 tip. I then piped in the rest using tip 16 stars. The top cake border is stars (tip 21) and the bottom border of the cake is white shells with orange and black dots between each shell.
I baked this cake for my oldest son’s 5th birthday. First I baked a single box mix French-vanilla cake (Betty Crocker is our favorite). I used the Wilton Garfield cake pan.
I saved a tiny bit of batter from this mix and poured it into Wilton mini stars pan (fill 3 stars 1/2 full of batter). I then took the cakes out of the oven and allowed them to cool.
I mixed a double batch of butter cream icing. I use Wilton ‘s basic butter cream recipe.
The next step was outlining the features of Garfield in black. I used a tip #14 for outlining. I iced the eyes in white thinned icing before adding the black.
Then I iced the rest of his body with orange icing. The stars were attached to the cake board by using a small dab of butter cream underneath them.
I decorated the 3 mini stars with butter cream icing stars (tip#16) and then added the birthday message.
This cake was just in time for the new Garfield movie, and it was a success with the little ones!