I always wanted to make a very elaborated cake so I tried making this baby boy christening cake for my grandson’s christening.
Baby Boy Christening Cake Details
- The two tiers were made with vanilla cakes.
- The bottom cake has vanilla cream with filibert crushed nut.
- The top cake has nocciola cream made with crushed nuts, and chocolate.
- I used Swiss vanilla icing all around on both cakes.
- I covered the bottom tier with blue fondant and the top tier white fondant.
- I used the same fondant to make the flowers.
- I used a Wilton mould for the baby.
- The most difficult part was the assembly of all the parts including making the bears, the booties, the blocks, the baby, etc.
- I got the cross with the little diamond from Michaels craft store.
All in all I am very proud for my accomplishment and everybody at the party paid me compliments. That made me feel good and my daughter’s expression was priceless.