This football helmet cake was a shock to the person who asked for it. They did not think it could be done. How simple this was.
Football Helmet Cake Instructions
- I made three 8″ round cakes and one 10″ round cake and used all the batter so it would form a dome.
- I stacked them with icing in between, of course.
- Then, I made the face guard with gum paste.
- I placed a piece of white fondant just in the front.
- Next, I covered the helmet in white as well and brushed the black on (drops of lemon juice with black gel coloring) and painted away!
How simple this was!