Take a look at these cool homemade tree-shaped Christmas cakes shared with us by cake decorators from around the world. Along with the birthday cakes here, you’ll also find loads DIY birthday cake-making ideas and how-to tips to inspire your next birthday cake project. Enjoy!
And don’t forget… if you end up with a cool cake, have great tips to share or pictures of awesome birthday cakes you’ve made in the past, share them here and be a part of our coolest birthday cake community.
- Coolest Christmas Tree Cupcake CakeI made this Christmas tree cupcake cake for a Christmas party at my daughter’s girl scout meeting. It was a big … Read more
- Christmas Tree Cupcake CakeThis Christmas Tree cupcake cake is sure to delight any holiday crowd! Whether it is at a school party for … Read more
- Easy Homemade Christmas Tree CakeI found this cake pan at Walmart. Its a Wilton pan, however the area where you see the appearance of … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Tree-Shaped Christmas Cakes 3This was a yellow cake baked in Wilton s Christmas Tree pan. After icing the tree and trunk, I added … Read more
- Cool Homemade Christmas Tree Cake and Brownie PresentsUpon some prodding, my father shared that for his December birthday his mother always made him a Christmas tree cake. … Read more
- Simple Homemade Buttercream Christmas Tree CakeI used a small size tree cake pan bought at a Christmas Tree Shop. I had enough batter left over … Read more
- Cute Homemade Christmas Tree Cake and PresentsI baked two 9×13 rectangle confetti mix cakes for this Christmas tree cake. I carved the tree, trunk and presents. … Read more
- Simple Homemade Carved Christmas Tree CakeI started this Christmas tree cake by making a rectangle chocolate sponge cake. For the tree I used a sharp … Read more
- Coolest Towering Christmas Tree CakeI made this Towering Christmas Tree Cake for a friend’s Christmas party. The base is two 9″ square pans filled … Read more
- Cool Homemade Christmas Tree Topper CakeThis Christmas tree cake was a lot of fun to make. My mom’s birthday is 5 days before Christmas so … Read more
- Coolest Christmas Tree CakeMy son has a mid-December birthday and for his 5th birthday decided he wanted a Christmas Tree cake. I found … Read more
- Cute Homemade Christmas Tree CakeI made this Christmas Tree cake for our family Christmas day. I used the Wilton tree pan using Wilton’s basic … Read more
I made seven circle layers in different sizes using my Wilton cake pans (10″ down to a cupcake size – all depending on the size of your Christmas cakes). Then cut small triangles out of the edges of each layer to make it look like branches.
I assembled the whole cake and then stuck a dowl rod down the middle to secure the layers together. I piped frosting onto the whole thing using Wilton tip number 43. After the whole thing was frosted in green I sifted powdered sugar over the top of it to give the affect of snow on the branches and placed red hots at even distances to look like berries or ornaments.
To make Christmas cakes is very simple. I baked a rectangular cake, 8×13 and I used vanilla butter cream icing for the shape of the tree. I used parchment paper and I drew the tree with piping gel with a tip #2 and this leaves the mark on the cake. The rest was simple making little stars with tip #16 and decorating to my way….
I found christmas cakes in Good Housekeeping Magazine and decided to give it a try. You can make the tree on a separate board so that it may be removed and used again. Parcels made out of fondant/
This was a yellow cake baked in Wilton ‘s Christmas Tree pan. After icing the tree and trunk, I added jellybeans and butter cream garland and star.