Coolest Mike from Monsters Inc Cake
I made this Mike from Monsters Inc. cake for my son’s 2nd birthday. He loves the Monsters University movie and Mike Wazowski is his favorite character.
This is a gravity cake and I learned how to make it from online videos and Google.
- Just like any other gravity cake, I used metal rods for his legs. Pipe could be used instead.
- The bottom part of Mike’s body is made of styrofoam.
- The cake was baked in a 9 inch pan.
- I used ganache because we like the taste more than buttercream icing.
- I covered the cake with a combination of fondant and modelling chocolate.
- I airbrushed the cake board.
My son didn’t understand that it was his birthday, or that I put so much effort into making his cake. He has no idea that he had an amazing cake. Someday when he grows up, I know that he will be very proud of his cake and of his mom for making it for him.