I made this Elmo cake for my niece’s 1st birthday. It was my first attempt at an Elmo themed cake and it took me a while, but it turned out awesome. Everyone was so amazed by the cake that they did not want to cut it.
This was the first time I ever used Rice Krispies as well. I’m not a pro cake decorator (no certificates or anything), but who says you need those to make cakes.
To create the cake…
- I made a chocolate mud cake with chocolate ganche layers.
- The cake pans used were a 12 inch and 10 inch pan.
- I covered the cakes in buttercream frosting.
- I made Elmo out of Rice Krispies andfor the fur I made buttercream frosting and used the grass tip nozzle.
- I made Elmo’s eyes out of Rice Krispies too and covered them in fondant.
This cake was made with love, effort, time, and hardwork. I love my hobby. :)