This football cake is so easy to make. Give it a try yourself to surpise a football fan or to celebrate game day.
Football Cake Instructions
- Bake two 8″ cakes.
- Frost the top of the bottom cake and stack the top cake on top of the bottom cake.
- Frost with a crumb coat over all and then cut the cake into a football shape.
- Carve small slivers of cake off at an angle from about the middle of cake to the bottom until the football looks as it should.
- Frost the whole cake in chocolate buttercream and smooth with a Viva paper towel.
- Add the white stripes and lacing.
For an extra touch, make an edible football field and set your football cake on top.