Our son LOVES (really LOVES) trains. He especially likes the high speed ones from Japan , Europe etc. Thanks to the web, he can learn all about them and see all of these trains in action!
So for his 3rd birthday a few months ago…
We baked for him an edible train cake layout! It has all of the features of a real model train layout, except that everything is EDIBLE! He loved it – he went nuts.
Here’s the cake in action:
This is a list of everything it had…
- Real working train running around the tracks!
- Elevated train tracks – on trestles.
- Edible Snow-topped mountain with Train Tunnel
- Edible Stone Arch Bridge
- Edible Lake with lots of Fish
- Edible Rock Quarry
- Construction vehicles (candles)
- Edible Train Station
- Edible Elevated Loading Platform
- Edible Dirt road
- Edible Different varieties of trees with a full apple orchard.
- The mini electric train has lights inside and runs on a harmless 9V battery.