This is the Scooby Doo birthday cake I made for my son’s 8th birthday last year. It was not an original design, and its certainly not perfect, but it was made with a lot of love.
My son is a huge Scooby Doo fan, which thrills my husband and I since we loved that cartoon as kids ourselves. His birthday party included a neighborhood scavenger hunt, and at each stop there were clothing items like orange ascots, glasses, green tees, and purple headbands. At the end of the hunt the kids all returned to our Dog the Villain who told them he would have gotten away with it if it wasn’t for those meddling kids.
Scooby Doo Cake Instructions
- Two 10 inch round cake pans and two 8 inch round cake pans were used to bake the vanilla flavored cakes that form the two tiers,
- The bones surrounding the bottom tier are Scooby Doo snacks. They’re like a graham cracker.
- The brown balls circling between the tiers are Whoppers.
- The collar ribbon is real ribbon. I was going to use Fruit by the Foot but couldn’t find blue at the store.
- The Yellow Scooby Doo dog tag is made with chocolate piped onto wax paper,.
- The black dog spots are frosting dough–store frosting thickened with powdered sugar until it rolls out.
Your comment has been sent successfully.