Awesome Homemade Carved Football Birthday Cake
I made this football birthday cake for my husband’s birthday last year and when he brought it to his workplace everyone was amazed.
How I Made This Football Birthday Cake
- I cut a small oval cake board and then started to carve the cake to make the ball.
- When I was happy with my carving I began frosting it.
- Next, I covered it in fondant and let it dry.
- When the fondant was dryI airbrushed the cake and let it dry once again.
- Then, I made a pattern to draw the name and the stitches on the ball.
- I airbrushed the name on with black color and let it dry,
- Once dry, I outlined the name with white color, using a small brush to make the name look more sharp.
- For the stitches I traced the pattern with a food coloring marker.
- After it was all dry I made the white stitches with a clay gun and put it on the ball cake.
- Finally, I made the grass with gum paste to the look I like.
- When the grass was dry I airbrushed it too and let it sit to dry.
That’s it. Hope this helps you with making a football birthday cake for your celebration.
The cake serves about 35 people.