Take a look at these cool homemade Sheep and Lamb cakes shared with us by cake decorators from around the world. Along with the birthday cakes here, you’ll also find loads DIY birthday cake-making ideas and how-to tips to inspire your next birthday cake project. Enjoy!
And don’t forget… if you end up with a cool cake, have great tips to share or pictures of awesome birthday cakes you’ve made in the past, share them here and be a part of our coolest birthday cake community.
Latest Sheep and Lamb Cakes
- Coolest Baby Shower Sheep CakeThis was a baby shower cake that I made for my aunt. She didn’t know the sex of the baby … Read more
- Coolest Lamb CakeFor my daughter’s 2nd birthday, we were doing an animal theme and I wanted to make her a lamb cake. … Read more
- Coolest Marshmallow Sheep CakeThis Marshmallow Sheep Cake is made from two pound cakes using loaf pans and one cupcake. After the cakes were … Read more
- Coolest Mary’s Little Lamb CakeI made this Mary’s Little Lamb Cake for some ladies I worked with but they thought it was too pretty … Read more
- Cute Homemade Sheep CakeThis sheep cake was the first time I had tried cake decorating, it was for Hunter’s 1st birthday and it … Read more
- Coolest Pasture of Sheep CakeThis Homemade Pasture of Sheep Cake was my first fondant cake! The cake is yellow vanilla with the Wilton Buttercream … Read more
- Coolest Baby Sheep 1st Birthday CakeThis Homemade Baby Sheep 1st Birthday Cake was for my sister’s little girl. There is a thing in my family … Read more
- Cutest Ever Homemade Sheep CakeI have always loved to bake but I found that I have this talent when I made this Sheep cake … Read more
- Coolest Sheep Birthday CakeWhen I asked my son what kind of cake he wanted for his 16th birthday, he replied, “A Sheep Birthday … Read more
- Cool Homemade Sheep Birthday CakeI just used a 10 inch cake pan for the body and an 8 inch pan for the head of … Read more
- Awesome Homemade 3D Lamb CakeI made a chocolate cake in an aluminum lamb mold. I added toothpicks in the ears and part of a … Read more
- Coolest Easter Lamb CakeThis is the second Easter lamb cake I have made. I do have a older Wilton Easter Lamb cake pan. … Read more
More Sheep and Lamb Cake Ideas
I baked one square cake and one round for this lamb cake. Cut the square into four equally sized pieces. I placed them on a cake plate after base icing them. I then put the trim on the blocks. I then connected the pillars for the second plate to rest on. On this was the round cake.
I airbrushed it green, used a grass tip and scattered grass over it and decorated the outside edge with little pink flowers. (The lamb is actually a bank, an added gift for baby.) I cut a piece of thin yet sturdy plastic to set atop of the cake to keep the lamb from getting in the icing.
I added a few ribbons and off it was sent. The family absolutely loved it!
For my son’s first birthday we had a barnyard bash. I wanted to make a lamb cake because every time he sees a lamb, he would say “Baa Baa”. I found this idea from Martha Stewart’s pictures on Oprah.com. She gave directions on how to make sheep cupcakes. I adapted the directions to make a small individual cake for my son. Here are the steps:
1. Frost a small round cake with buttercream frosting.
2. Add an inverted cupcake to the center and frost that as well.
3. Cut large marshmallows in 1/2 and place on round cake for the wool.
4. Cut small marshmallows in 1/2 and place on top of cupcake for the head wool.
5. Use brown icing for the eyes and pink icing for the nose.
6. Cut 2 ear shapes from marshmallows or use large globs of frosting.
My son didn’t much care for the taste of the lamb cake, but he LOVED the marshmallows. I think he ate about 10 before we stopped him. I just regret not taking a picture before I inserted the candle because when I pulled it off it took the icing with it (that is the brown blob on the right side of the lamb cake).
To make this cake I used a lamb molding. I used strawberry jam in between the cake so it can stick better and stand up in place. I made butter cream icing to frost and decorate the cake.
After I iced the cake with butter cream, I melted white chocolate and poured it over. Then I added coconut flakes for the fur of the lamb.