This is a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse birthday cake I made for my beautiful 2 year old twins (a boy and a girl). It took me a little bit to work on this because with five kids running around (ages 6, 5, 3 and twins going on 2), it was quite a challenge. That said, challenge is something I LOVE! :)
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Birthday Cake Instructions
- The bottom of the cake is vanilla with chocolate buttercream and it is covered with green vanilla buttercream for grass.
- Around the sheetcake is a yellow fence made of fondant with little dot decorations. :)
- The red house is chocolate cake with some more chocolate buttercream covered with red fondant and blue fondant windows and a slide.
- The big yellow foot is made from Rice Krispies and covered with fondant.
- The Mickey Mouse head and ears is Rice Krispies covered with chocolate. Yum!
Believe it or not, the head gave me the most troubles. LOL!
The most beautiful feeling was when I saw the BIG smiles on the faces of the twins and all my other kids, as well as my husband. My heart sang as we cut the cake. :)