This mommy to BEE baby shower cake was inspired by my daughter who asked me to make a cake for her friend’s shower. The theme of the shower is bumble bees, so this is the cake I came up with.
Bee Baby Shower Cake Details
- This is a 3 tier cake made with 12″, 10″, and 8″ round pans.
- All three tiers are covered in homemade buttercream frosting.
- The topper, sign and all of the decorations are edible and made out of fondant.
- I also added tylose powder to the fondant so the bow, bumble bees, sign, and daisies would harden to hold their shape.
- I did not add tylose powder to the polka dot ribbon because I wanted it to remain soft for eating.
- A bee family tops the cake and more bees were placed here and there, but especially around the bottom tier.
- The Mommy to Bee sign sits on top of the second tier with a fondant bee leaning up against it.
- The ribbon and bow tie the whole cake together and give it that extra pop.
I made all of the decorations a good week ahead of time, so today I just had to bake the cakes, make the frosting and then decorate. That makes cake making day so much more enjoyable. : )