Take a look at these cool homemade Winnie the Pooh and friends cakes shared with us by cake decorators from around the world. Along with the birthday cakes here, you’ll also find loads DIY birthday cake-making ideas and how-to tips to inspire your next birthday cake project. Enjoy!
And don’t forget… if you end up with a cool cake, have great tips to share or pictures of awesome birthday cakes you’ve made in the past, share them here and be a part of our coolest birthday cake community.
Latest Winnie the Pooh and Friends Cakes
- Cool Homemade Winnie the Pooh Baby Shower CakeI started making cakes around five years ago. When my niece found out she was having a boy and wanted … Read more
- Winnie the Pooh 1st Birthday CakeThis is a cake for my friend’s daughter’s 1st birthday. She sent me a lot of photos of cakes she … Read more
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends Birthday CakeWow, I have so much to say about my Winnie the Pooh cake. This is probably the biggest cake I … Read more
- Winnie the Pooh Cake for 1st BirthdayI made this Winnie the Pooh cake upon request from a friend of a friend, it was for her little girl Lyla … Read more
- Coolest Pooh’s Friend Birthday CakeI had purchased a Winnie the Pooh and Friends Figurine set from Disney store for my daughter’s 3rd Birthday (as … Read more
- Coolest Winnie the Pooh and Friends Cakes and How-To Tips 5For this Winnie the Pooh and friends cake, I made a simple round cake and covered it with green icing … Read more
- Cool Homemade Winnie the Pooh and Friends Birthday CakeI made this Winnie the Pooh and Friends Birthday Cake for my step-daughter who is in her 30’s but has … Read more
- Coolest Winnie the Pooh and Friends Cakes and How-To Tips 6These cakes were for my twin nephews 1st Birthday. I made Pooh and Tigger using Wilton cake pans and following … Read more
- Coolest Winnie the Pooh Birthday CakeI made this Winnie the Pooh Birthday Cake for my friend’s little girl’s 1st birthday. She requested a Winnie the … Read more
- Coolest Winnie the Pooh and Friends Cakes and How-To Tips 7This is a Winnie the Pooh and friends cake I made for my nieces 1st birthday party. Ever since she … Read more
- Coolest Winnie the Pooh Birthday Cake DesignThis Homemade Winnie the Pooh Birthday Cake Design is my first ever fondant covered cake! I was really worried about … Read more
- Coolest Winnie the Pooh and Friends Cakes and How-To Tips 8As you can see in the Winnie the Pooh and friends cake we had a Winnie the Pooh theme for … Read more
I used two rectangle pans for the base. I used regular cake mix but it started to sag due to the weight of the characters. I would recommend using a mixture of pound and regular cake mix. For Winnie the Pooh and friends I used the 3D Cuddly Teddy Bear pan and buttercream icing. I made Piglet lying on his belly because his legs are so much smaller than his stomach. I used royal icing to make flowers. I just used store bought frosting for the sheet cake which I colored green with Wilton gel coloring.
It took me approximately six hours to mix the cakes, prepare the pans and bake the cakes. I only had one teddy bear pan. It would have been faster if I had more pans. I froze them for six days and then was able to decorate. It took me about 10 hours to make the frosting and decorate. This is my second cake using 3D pans. It was a lot of fun but a lot of work. I figured it was worth it since it was my son’s first birthday! Good luck!
This Winnie the Pooh and friends cake is for my niece, Paige’s birthday. It was a challenge to find Winnie the Pooh cake decorations that didn’t look too juvenile but I think that I succeeded with this cake!
This cake is made from two 9×13 cakes; one side is chocolate and the other side yellow. After baking the cakes I timed off any uneven spots, placed both cakes side by side on a cookie sheet and put in the freezer. I found pictures of Winnie the Pooh and friends (Pooh Piglet and Tigger that) I liked and blew them up on the copier. I then traced over the pictures on waxed paper and cut out the characters.
When the cake was frozen I iced the entire cake in white icing. The icing freezes to the cake and becomes firm. I divided the cake into four sections and I put the cutouts on the cake where I wanted them to be and traced around them with a tooth pick (leaving one of the four sections blank). I then removed the cutouts and hand drew any details in the icing with the tooth pick. I used black gel icing to go over all of the outlines.
I purchased Wilton icing tubes in pink orange and black. You can use a cuff and any tips right on the tubes. I filled in Piglet and Tigger using a star tip. I used lemon icing in an icing sleeve with star tip to fill in Pooh and part of Tigger. I then mixed white canned icing with purple food coloring and filled in the sections behind Pooh and Tigger. I used pink frosting to make “stitches” around the Piglet and blank sections. In the blank section I wrote “Welcome Little Hunny” and added a bumble bee with the black gel icing and leftover yellow icing.
I made this Winnie the Pooh and friends cake for a friend’s baby shower for her little boy. Just baked a rectangular cake and took chocolate frosting and put it on where I wanted Rabbit’s garden, the path and Eyore’s home. Toothpicks were used to make Eyore’s house.
In Rabbits garden I raised rows, took green frosting, used the leaf tip and made it look like carrot tops. I then used the round writing tip and made blades of grass everywhere that was not covered with frosting.
I put Winnie the Pooh and friends (characters) that we bought that were inside kinder type eggs (I bought a lot of them to get all the characters). Everyone loved it.
I made this Winnie the Pooh and friends cake for my daughter’s first birthday. It was also the first cake I ever made. I took my inspiration from many cakes I saw on the internet. I wanted a cake with a lot of dimension.
I made the rainbow and the 1-inch royal icing tree days before the party. The day before, I baked a Betty Crocker chocolate cake in a 13×9 pan and a Betty Crocker cherry cake in an 8-inch pan.
I iced the chocolate cake in a basket weave fashion, only on the top. I was afraid to do it on the sides because I didn’t practice. I cut the cherry cake in two and I iced the sides.
After putting the cherry cake on top of the chocolate cake living a space behind for the rainbow, I made some kind of grass. I put the cake topper. Then, I made leaves in the spots I wanted to put the flowers I got in the store. I made fancy work on the sides. To put the rainbow in, I ”glued” little sticks behind the rainbow using left over royal icing. I did the same for the 1.
That night, I couldn’t stop looking at my Winnie the Pooh and friends cake. It was easier than I thought and the results amazed me. Of course, there were more hours spend on planning than doing the whole thing, but it was great fun for me. The day of the party, I displayed my cake on the buffet so everyone could look at it.
For this Winnie the Pooh and friends cake, I made a simple round cake and covered it with green icing to resemble grass. I then made a picnic mat with rolled fondant, little flowers and birthday cake to put on the mat. The characters are all Lego toys.
These cakes were for my twin nephews 1st Birthday.
I made Pooh and Tigger using Wilton cake pans and following their instructions.
I followed the idea of the balloon from the Pooh pan and made balloons for each baby to have their own cake to eat. They were made with the Wilton sports ball pan.
I used colors to match all the Winnie the Pooh and friends first birthday paper products that we used.
This is a Winnie the Pooh and friends cake I made for my niece’s 1st birthday party. Ever since she was a few months old, she has always responded to a big stuffed Pooh bear she has in her nursery, so her mom decided to have Pooh birthday for her.
I was going to make the Pooh 3-D cake, but they don’t make that pan anymore. Instead, I bought the small bear-sitting pan and decorated it differently to make Pooh, Tigger, Eyore, and Piglet.
I made a 9×11 cake and decorated it as a picnic blanket for them to sit on. I decorated a cupcake as a cake and put it in the middle of the “party”. I also decorated extra cupcakes as flowers and placed them around the cake. My niece had a great time diving into the Pooh cake after all of the pictures were taken.
As you can see in the Winnie the Pooh and friends cake we had a Winnie the Pooh theme for our daughter’s first birthday. It’s basically a basket weave around the sides and grass on the top. I bought the cake topper, flowers, bumble bee and ladybug pictures at our local cake decorating store. It looks great and it really wasn’t that hard.