Coolest 3rd Birthday Bulldozer Cake
I made this bulldozer cake for my son’s 3rd birthday! I love decorating cakes, and feel that I am fairly good at it. I must admit, though, when my son requested a bulldozer cake, I wasn’t entirely confident that I could pull that one off, especially because I wanted the cake to be 3D. I think 3D birthday cakes are more impressive and cool. After a good amount of time spent on the internet, I found some tips and tutorials and gained some confidence that I could do it. In the end, it wasn’t that difficult, and it was definitely worth the time and effort.
Bulldozer Cake Instructions
- To make the cake, you will need two cake mixes. Per each cake, divide the batter evenly between an 8″ loaf and an 8″ square. When done, level all cakes.
- The body of the bulldozer is made by stacking the two loaf pans together (wider/tops together).
- Use one of the squares to construct the cab. Basically, you want it to be the same width as the loaf cakes, and about 1/3 the length. You will have excess cake.
- The last square cake is used for the tires/treads.
- Mini Kit Kat bars are used for the treads, although if you can’t find mini Kit Kat bars, you can always cut regular sized Kit Kat bars down.
- A Hershey bar is used for the blade.
- Lastly, crumble up some of the extra cake (if you use chocolate cake) for the dirt and place in front of the blade for extra effect.
I can’t think of a better birthday cake for a little 3 year old boy! He was absolutely in heaven. I probably didn’t need to buy him any presents; he was so enamored with his cake and all the guests singing the “birthday song” to him!