This Christmas snow globe cake was made for a family dinner.
- It was a 3-layer 8 inch vanilla cake with white chocolate ganache filling.
- I iced the cake in buttercream, covered it in red fondant, amd embellished it in white fondant snowflakes.
- The snow globe was created with a glass bowl from the Dollar Store.
- I made a cardboard base, covered it with buttercream icing and sprinkled it with white sanding sugar.
- I stuck 2 mini gingerbread people, a cat and tree inside the glass bowl.
- Over the top of the snow globe, I spread royal icing and allowed it to drip a bit.
I also made several dozen larger gingerbread people to go with the cake for our family dinner!