I was asked to make a Family Guy cake for my friend’s granddaughter who is 7.
Steps for Making This Family Guy Cake
- I made three 7″round cakes.
- I sandwiched two together using buttercream and jam and then cut a third off the cake. This was to be the back of the sofa.
- I cut the last cake in half and sandwiched this together using jam and buttercream. This was to be the seat of the sofa.
- I then covered the whole cake in buttercream and chilled it in the freezer.
Making the Sofa
- I covered the sofa in a brown fondant.
- I then made both the arms by rolling small sausage shapes of fondant and covering them with brown fondant.
- I rolled a small ball of fondant for the end of each arm and made indents to make it look like the fabric was puckered.
- Then, I made the buttons in the back of the sofa.
- Next, I made the frill around the base of the sofa and then the sofa was left overnight to harden.
Making Stewie and Brian Griffin
- I made the dog out of white fondant and then added a black nose.
- I cut out the eyes using a piping nozzle.
- I made the kid (Stewie) by starting with the shorts.
- Then, I added the t-shirt and the straps of the shorts.
- Next I added the head, the legs and the shoes and left him overnight to harden.
- Using food coloring in black and vodka, I painted on the eyes, hair, mouth and the nose of the kid (Stewie) and the eyes on the dog.
To finish up, I made a number 7 in fondant and attached it to the side of the cake. I also made a yellow rug and attached the name Madison to it.
The cake was now finished and Madison loved it!