Coolest Unikitty LEGO Cake!
When I first heard of Unikitty I had no clue who she was. I actually had to watch the LEGO movie with my boys to see her… lol.
Then, I heard that Unikitty has two sides, her nice side and her angry side, which I saw in movie. :) I had to find out which Unikitty my friend wanted, hoping it would be the nice one because she was a cuter version than angry Unikitty… lol.
I found a picture for the guideline and baked the cakes using square pans.
I always make my own fondant from scratch. It tastes better and I know then that it is fresh and contains less chemicals and preservatives. I make a marshmallow kind. The recipe is below.
- 1/2 cup of Cisco vegetable shortening
- 1 kg bag of icing sugar
- 1 big bag of marshmallows
- 3 tbs of water
- Add Cisco shortening to stand up mixer and then add sugar
- In a bowl, add marshmallows and then put water over marshmallows, coating them.
- Microwave marshmallow mix for a minute and a half.
- Then, add to mixing bowl with kneading hook attached on mixer.
- Mix together and when almost mixed, add food coloring until desired color is achieved.
- Turn onto table and knead together by hand until it’s easy to handle without feeling too sticky.
- Seal in airtight bag and let set for at least an hour or overnight.
Side Note: I’m wanting to try the jello version. It looks easy and probably tastes good too. Maybe for my next Unikitty cake. :)
Once I got my cakes baked, I assembled Unikitty and then iced her. Her tail broke in half at least twice and I almost had a breakdown when her neck did too, but I managed to get them iced and covered. Thank goodness.
At first Unikitty looked cross eyed, so Ihad to give her a eye exam and fix her crossed eyesl.
I added a rainbow for a happy effect and Unikitty was done.
Everyone loved her and apparently she tasted pretty good too.
Maybe next time I’ll try making the angry Unikitty… hmmmm… :)