Take a look at these cool homemade Littlest Pet Shop birthday cake ideas shared with us by cake decorators from around the world. Along with the birthday cakes here, you’ll also find loads DIY birthday cake-making ideas and how-to tips to inspire your next birthday cake project. Enjoy!
And don’t forget… if you end up with a cool cake, have great tips to share or pictures of awesome birthday cakes you’ve made in the past, share them here and be a part of our coolest birthday cake community.
Latest Littlest Pet Shop Birthday Cake Ideas
- Coolest Littlest Pet Shop Toys Childrens CakesI scoured the Web for childrens cakes since my daughter wanted a Littlest Pet Shop Toys cake. I could not … Read more
- Littlest Pet Shop Toys Cake – Almost a Caketastrophy!For my granddaughter’s 7th birthday I made a Littlest Pet Shop cake at her request. I love making fondant figures! … Read more
- Littlest Pet Shop Sea Turtle Cupcake CakeMy daughter turned seven and told me she wanted a Littlest Pet Shop Sea Turtle Cupcake Puzzle Cake. I admit … Read more
- Coolest Littlest Pet Shop Birthday CakeThis Littlest pet Shop birthday cake was for my daughter’s 8th birthday party. She likes any thing with Littlest Pet … Read more
- Coolest Littlest PetShop Birthday CakeA few days before making the Littlest PetShop Birthday Cake, I made all of the flowers and leaves that would … Read more
- Coolest Peace Sign Petshop Toys CakeMy daughter wanted a Peace and Petshop birthday cake and after looking on the internet for different cakes I decided … Read more
- Simple Homemade Littlest Pet Shop CakeMy little girl wanted a Littlest Pet Shop Cake for her 3rd birthday, of course mom obliged. Tootsie rolls used … Read more
- Cute Homemade Littlest Pet Shop Birthday Cake IdeaI made this Homemade Littlest Pet Shop Birthday Cake Idea for my daughter’s 6th birthday. I found some ideas online … Read more
- Coolest Littlest Pet Shop Birthday CakeI took a box of white cake mix and prepared exactly half and I took a box of chocolate cake … Read more
- Cool Homemade Littlest Pet Shop Beach CakeMy niece asked me to make a Littlest Pet Shop cake for her 6th birthday. She loved it!! Here are … Read more
- Littlest Pet Shop Childrens Cakes 1For my daughters fifth birthday she asked for a Littlest Pet Shop party. I knew that I would use the … Read more
- Coolest Little Pet Shop Monkey Birthday CakeMy granddaughter is enthralled with Little Pet Shop critters. She asked me to bake a cake in the shape of … Read more
Pet Shop Party Time
Littlest Pet Shop Cake Created by Deborah from Perth, Western Australia
Having 2 daughters who are mad LPS fans means I have to come up with different LPS cakes each time they have a party. This Littlest Pet Shop Birthday Cake was very easy to make as for once there was no Jelly involved.
I made two cakes (1 slightly larger than the other). It took 3 Greens cake mix packets to make the two cakes. I then coloured my fondant to purple (as requested by my daughter). Once coloured I then rolled it out and covered the cake with apricot jam and then covered that with the fondant.
I then coloured more fondant to make the leaves, grass and flowers. I used a Curly Whirly bar cut in half for the ladders going up the side of the cake. Placed lolly pops into the cake to look like balloons and then used Queens Fluro gel pens to write her name and put the dots on the little flowers and to draw on the vines. The rest of the decorations are from my daughters LPS toy stash.
This was a very easy cake to make and a big hit with the kids.
Pet Shop Cottage Birthday Cake
Little Pet Shop Birthday Cake Created by Mollie from Lakeland, Florida
I did this Homemade Littlest Pet Shop Birthday Cake for my niece’s 7th Birthday. She loves the Littlest PetShop toys and wanted that to be the theme of her cake. She actually saw a cake on your website that she loved and I used it as my guide.
I baked two 13 x 9 (Butter Recipe Golden) cakes. I made some Wilton buttercream frosting and tinted it green, then put a layer of frosting on the bottom cake and stacked the other on top. Next I covered the cakes in more frosting, leaving a little oval for the pond (which I dug out a bit for depth). Then I made the trees, flowers, pet shop and fence with sugar cookies. I had the flower cookie cutter for the flowers, but I had to improvise for the rest. Then I iced all of the cookies with thinned out Wilton Royal Icing that I tinted with the different colors of coloring gel.
Before I baked the flowers I stuck a green toothpick in them for the stem. The center of the flowers are miniature chocolate chips. When making the trees, I partially used a large flower cookie cutter and rotated it to form the leaves of the trees and made a long trunk so that I could secure it deep into the cake.
The pet shop is made of four 2” x 4” rectangles for the front, back and roof and two 2” x 2” squares for the sides which I topped with a triangle. Next time I would make the roof slightly bigger (probably close to 3” x 4”) because I ended up having a gap on the top and below which I filled in with some of the leftover buttercream frosting. I “glued” the shop together using the royal icing. It worked really well. I also cut out a door. I iced the pet shop white and the roof pink and did rows of u’s to make the roof look a little cottage-like. I added some windows and shutters also with royal icing.
The pond is also made of royal icing tinted blue and I didn’t mix it completely, so you can see streaks of blue in it which gave it a cool water effect.
I had extra cookie dough and I made a welcome mat for the house and the sign. I used edible pens to write welcome on the mat and pet shop on the sign. I used flower sprinkles to make the path.
I added a little more green coloring to my green Buttercream to make it a bit darker and used a grass tip for the grass.
Finally, I added some Littlest Petshop animals and my niece and her friends/family absolutely loved it. Enjoy making your own Littlest Pet Shop Birthday Cake.
Pet Shop Snail Cake
Petshop Snail Birthday Cake Created by Samantha S. from Stayner ON Canada
I made this Littlest Pet Shop Birthday Cake for my niece’s 6th birthday. It is a marble cake that I carved into the shape of a snail petshop, the snail was her favourite at the time.
I made this Littlest Pet Shop Birthday cake with two 9×13 cake pans. The first 9×13 cake I shaped into the head from a template I created from a cartoon version of another petshop I found on the internet, most petshops have the same head shape. The shell and body I free handed carved, from the second 9×13 cake. The cake was not quiet wide enough so I managed to use a spare piece of cake after carving to piece together the top of the shell. The anntena of the snail was also carved from left over cake, there was not much waste in making this cake.
I used a butter cream icing, and a number 18 Wilton star tip to ice the cake. I’m not sure if you can notice by the picture but the shell is shinning, this is was my proudest invention. Most people will tell you not to use pearl dust on butter cream and I agree its a bad idea, especially if you have iced the cake with rosebuds. However, this is my tip to everyone! if you take a clean and unused oil sprayer, you know the ones you can buy in the grocery stores and put a teaspoon or so of pearl dust and about 2 or more drops of lemon juice just enough to make the pearl dust wet into the sprayer, and swish it around then pump it up till it is really hard to pump, and spray a test spray onto a napkin to get rid of most moisture, then go nuts spraying any area on your cake, and you will get a nice added shine to your cake!
I then baked 2 dozen mini cup cakes and made the flowers and grass. To make the grass cupcakes, I iced each cupcake with green icing then dyed some coconut green with green food coloring dunked the cupcakes into it.
I hope this will help anyone looking to make a petshop cake, remember most petshops have a similar circular or square head!
Happy Cake Baking!
Littlest Pet Shop Sea Turtle Cupcake Cake
Littlest Pet Shop Cake Created by Amanda from Savannah, GA, USA
My daughter turned seven and told me she wanted a Littlest Pet Shop Birthday Cake. I admit I wasn’t sure how to create a cupcake puzzle cake. I knew it would be easier to arrange the mini cupcakes than the normal size cupcakes but I wasn’t sure how I was going to frost them. I went through and baked two batches of mini cupcakes (one yellow cake and one chocolate mixed I arranged the cupcakes half vanilla and half chocolate (per request).
The cupcakes were arranged into the shape of the Pet Shop Sea Turtle on to my cake board (a piece of masonite covered in white contact paper). I took the buttercream frosting and mixed my colors. I found spreading the frosting like you would a sheet cake worked best to make it look like a cake. I piped all the details with a fine tip piping tip.
The “puzzle cupcake cake” was a huge hit and I have been asked by my daughter’s friends to make their birthday cakes. I will say I love the cupcake puzzles opposed to a giant cake because people are more likely to grab cupcakes than cake, leaving you with a ton of cake.
Cool Birthday Cake
Littlest Petshop House Birthday Cake Created by K7 from South Bend, IN
This Littlest Pet Shop Birthday Cake was a cake for my daughter’s 6th Birthday. She loved it. She didn’t want to cut it!
It was easy to make, the bottom is 2 stacked layers , baked in a round Pyrex baking dish. The roof was a layer baked in a Pyrex clear glass oven safe bowl. The grass is coconut with green food coloring. The cake is covered in buttercream and the covering is fondant. Delicious!