This was a unicorn cake I made for a cake competition. I included pictures of her before I dusted her with the luster dust I made, as well as pictures of her after.
Unicorn Cake Instructions
- I built the plastic stand to draw the horse out (notice full size drawing and then body board template). I built the cake stand as you can see.
- I added in copper false legs to give her movement.
- I then started building her with Rice Krispie treats as well as building up the legs with chocolate molding clay until I had the thickness I needed.
- Next, I covered the unicorn with chocolate modeling clay and then with fondant.
- Her tail and mane were extruded 2 strands at a time.
- I hand cut fur cuts into each piece and then attached the mane and the tail. You can see that work best on the rear view picture.
- I then covered her eyes and airbrushed her with pearl to blend low lights and give her a mystical look.
Hope you see the magic!