I made this quick and easy bright flower cake for my daughter’s 35th birthday.
- This is a 10 inch round white cake.
- I covered it with homemade buttercream frosting.
- I piped the upper and lower borders with the same color frosting.
- I made the flower petals out of fondant and added them to the top and sides of the cake.
- I further embellished the cake with brightly colored swirls and edible pearl cake beads.
- Finally, I cut out and placed the lettering to spell out HAPPY 35 JESS in pink and purple at the top of the cake.
This cake was really fun and quick to make. The funny thing is that though I made it for my daughter’s birthday and she loved it, my two grandsons loved it even MORE! Why? Because it meant they got to eat cake!!! :)