Take a look at these cool homemade Deer and Reindeer cakes shared with us by cake decorators from around the world. Along with the birthday cakes here, you’ll also find loads DIY birthday cake-making ideas and how-to tips to inspire your next birthday cake project. Enjoy!
And don’t forget… if you end up with a cool cake, have great tips to share or pictures of awesome birthday cakes you’ve made in the past, share them here and be a part of our coolest birthday cake community.
Latest Deer and Reindeer Cakes
- Coolest Deer Cake for 8-Year-Old (It Made Him Cry!)I made horns out of gum paste so they would be good and strong. They we not so easy to … Read more
- Coolest Hunting and Fishing CakeI have the motto “If you can dream it, I can turn it into cake” so… when someone came to … Read more
- Coolest Rudolph the Reindeer Christmas CakeI made this Rudolph the Reindeer Christmas Cake for an office Christmas party. It was my first attempt at covering my … Read more
- Cute Reindeer Cake IdeaI made a square fruit cake and covered it with marzipan then royal icing – creating the swirls with a … Read more
- Coolest Elk CakeFor his 4th birthday, my son wanted an elk cake to go with his hunting theme birthday party. We used … Read more
- Coolest Reindeer CakeMy kids, nieces, and nephews look forward to an eccentric cake at our Christmas Party, each one different from the … Read more
- Coolest Deer CakeThis was the largest cake, my father-in-law is a big hunter, and had given my boys both deer mounts for … Read more
- Coolest Deer CakeMy husband is a taxidermist and an avid hunter. He loved the idea of a deer cake. I make all … Read more
- Coolest Deer Birthday CakeI wanted to make a deer/hunting type cake for my brother in law’s birthday. I just wasn’t sure about doing … Read more
- Cool 3D Deer CakeI started this Deer Cake with 2 9×13 pans and 3 6 inch round pans, baked a white cake in … Read more
- 3D Deer CakeI made this Deer with Antlers cake for my brother’s 60th birthday. He is a hunter and avid outdoors man … Read more
- Coolest Buck CakeMy son was turning 11 and he always wanted a buck cake but I never hand the time. Since I … Read more
More Deer and Reindeer Cake Ideas
I started with a large and a medium round pan for this reindeer cake. I carved the deer head out of the large round pan (including the ears)and pieced the antler together by cutting strips from the small cake pan and connecting them with chocolate icing. make sure to keep all of the cutting scraps incase of need for anything else. I then used chocolate icing to cover the antlers and white icing with brown cake color for the deer head. I then shaded in all the appropriate areas and followed up the green grass.
Cake by Becky C., Kissee Mills, MO
Supplies needed: buttercream icing tinted green and creamy light brown, but leave the majority white. Chocolate buttercream icing, tint some black, leave the rest as is, cake mix of choice, Wilton piping gel, a disposable decorating bag and waxed paper.
Bake a round cake and ice white. In Microsoft Word I found a deer picture and printed it. I then placed wax paper over the picture and put Wilton tip #1 in the disposable bag. The bag was filled with Wilton piping gel and was used to trace the detail of the picture onto the waxed paper. The wax paper was then flipped over onto the cake (beware this will reverse the image from what it originally looked like). Gently run your hand over the image to help transfer to the cake.
For this Reindeer cake, I used a round tip to outline the design and a star tip to fill the areas in. To finish the cake I added a shell border.
Cake by Clare W., Auckland, New Zealand
I made a square fruit cake and covered it with marzipan then royal icing – creating the swirls with a flat knife. This is the base of the reindeer cake. Robbie the Reindeer is modeled from fondant icing coloured brown then textured with the end of a cocktail stick.
His limbs and antlers are all held in place using pieces of uncooked spaghetti. I also use ‘glue’ made from watered down royal icing (but I find a thick ‘paintable’ paste of icing sugar mixed with water works just as well). I propped his limbs up in place with pieces of foam. Once set he can be placed on the cake.
The suitcase is made from a solid piece of white fondant icing – painted blue with diluted food colouring. I made this reindeer cake from a picture off the Internet – taken from the animated film “Robbie the Reindeer – Hooves of Fire”.