My name is Stephanie and I made this pink Converse shoe cake for a client whose daughter’s sweet sixteen party was fast approaching. We discussed back and forth between making a more traditional cake or a custom design cake, and the daughter finally won.
We decided to go with creating a custom design based on her beloved shoe fetish for All Star Converse shoes. We made it in her favorite color, pink, and her shoe cake was born.
Sweet Sixteen Pink Converse Shoe Cake Directions
- I took a regular size shoe and made the sole template for the cake.
- Only a 1/2 sheet cake was used.
- I added two cake soles to achieve the height of the cake and continued to build, carve, and crumb coat.
- I always refrigerate my cakes to make them firm and easier to carve to the shape I need.
- I free-handed the fondant details without any templates.
I always like to work with a picture or an actual model of what I’m making in order to stay on point with details.
Needless to say, my client’s daughter was ecstatic when she saw her cake. And I was happy to make her day that much more special.