Take a look at these cool homemade US Flag and 4th of July cakes shared with us by cake decorators from around the world. Along with the birthday cakes here, you’ll also find loads DIY birthday cake-making ideas and how-to tips to inspire your next birthday cake project. Enjoy!
And don’t forget… if you end up with a cool cake, have great tips to share or pictures of awesome birthday cakes you’ve made in the past, share them here and be a part of our coolest birthday cake community.
Latest US Flag Cakes
- Coolest Homemade US Flag Patriotic CakesThis was a July 4th cake. One has to make patriotic cakes on this date so this is what I … Read more
- Patriotic Cake for Army RetireeThe best part about making this cake was who it was for, An Army retiree. Fondant was a big part … Read more
- Coolest 4th of July Birthday Bash CakeI made this cake for a friend’s 4th of July birthday bash. She loved it! It was the first time … Read more
- Coolest Patriotic Flag CakeI found this fabulous ‘flag’ cake idea on-line and then added my own special touches to make it a truly … Read more
- Most Delicious and Easy American Flag CakeFor our son’s Cub Scout Blue and Gold Celebration there is a Father/Son Bake-Off every year. This year they decided … Read more
- Coolest Memorial Day CakeThis is a yellow cake with chocolate icing adorned by a pair of combat boots draped with the American Flag. … Read more
- Coolest American Flag-Shaped 4th of July Cakes 0My husband is in the Army and while we were stationed overseas we had a party to celebrate the 4th … Read more
- Cool Homemade Patriotic Cake DesignThis Patriotic Cake Design is the cake I made for one of my friend’s before he left for boot camp. … Read more
- Coolest American Flag-Shaped 4th of July Cakes 1I made this cake as one of those 4th of July cakes with my in-laws. The outside was pretty simple; … Read more
- Coolest 4th of July Cake IdeaI made a flag cake for my son’s Great Grandfather. He loves anything with flags on it. It is a … Read more
- Coolest American Flag-Shaped 4th of July Cakes 2This is just a 1/4-sheet cake iced with buttercream. My father-in-laws birthday party was held on Flag Day and he … Read more
- Coolest Patriotic Cake DesignThis is a Patriotic Cake Design I made for a friend’s daughter’s birthday/8th grade graduation party. It’s 2 10″ chocolate … Read more
My husband is in the Army and while we were stationed overseas we had a party to celebrate the 4th of July. I was asked to make the 4th of July cakes and came up with this design.
The cake was baked in an 11×15 pan. I then iced it with butter cream icing, dyed a light blue. I use the Wilton recipe. I then printed out the flags to make a pattern and I used a star fondant cutter to make the stars. I placed them in a random pattern. I used tips 13 and 16 to fill in and tip 18 for the border.
I made this cake as one of those 4th of July cakes with my in-laws. The outside was pretty simple; just decorate like an American flag. The inside on the other hand was the fun part.
I used the checkered board cake set. I tinted 1/3 of the cake mix blue 1/3 red and left the remaining 1/3 white. It takes two cake mixes for this cake. The best part of this cake was watching the reactions of people when they saw the inside!
This is just a 1/4-sheet cake iced with buttercream. My father-in-law’s birthday party was held on Flag Day and he is very patriotic so I thought I’d do a flag. It’s one of those easy and quick to make 4th of july cakes. I made thirteen stripes and fifty stars. The stripes are just zigzags done with a big star tip.
This is an easy cake to do. Stripes are fruit roll ups. Blue square here is butter cream icing, but you could also use blue fondant. Then pipe on stars or use white candies.
A variety of cookie cutters used to make these patriotic cookies. Foose Cookie Cutters website has USA cutter and one for each state, I believe. Hearts, flags, stars and letters USA also well. Decorated with royal icing tinted red, white and blue.
This was a single-layer 9×13 yellow cake iced in white butter cream. I outlined the flag shape in black and filled it in with red and blue. The white stars on the flag are small sugar ‘sequins’. Red and blue butter cream ‘fireworks’ on top and red and blue fondant stars on the side completed the cake.
I made this cake for a farewell party. I traced out a stencil on wax paper, then re-traced with piping gel and placed on frosted cake. For cake decorations I piped in no. 16 stars for the Ukrainian flag and poles. I used a rose tip for the USA stripes and standard butter cream icing.
I covered this entire cake with red, white, and blue roses.