Take a look at these cool homemade Elephant cakes shared with us by cake decorators from around the world. Along with the birthday cake pictures here, you’ll also find loads DIY birthday cake-making ideas and how-to tips to inspire your next birthday cake project. Enjoy!
And don’t forget… if you end up with a cool cake, have great tips to share or pictures of awesome birthday cakes you’ve made in the past, share them here and be a part of our coolest birthday cake community.
Latest Elephant Cakes
- Awesome Homemade 2 Tiered Elephant Birthday CakeI made this cake for a 5-year-old girl’s birthday party. It is made with strawberry flavored cake and is covered … Read more
- Pink Elephant CakeMy E loved elephants, so for her 2nd birthday, I decided to give this cake a whirl. It was only … Read more
- Elephant Themed Baby Shower CakeThis is an Elephant themed baby shower cake I just recently made for my daughter’s friend. The cake was three … Read more
- Cute Elephant Baby Shower CakeThis cute baby shower cake was the second cake I was honored to make for my sweet friend Laurel. The … Read more
- Coolest 3D Elephant CakeI am usually shown a picture of what someone would like for a cake. I add my personal touches and … Read more
- Easy Homemade Blue Elephant Birthday CakeMy friend likes elephants and one of our favorite outings is to the zoo to see the Festival of Lights, … Read more
- Coolest Elephants Playing In Pond Birthday CakeThis is my cake with elephants playing in a pond with a waterfall. I made the elephant center piece up … Read more
- Adorable Homemade 3D Pink Elephant Birthday CakeIt was my friend’s 18th, so I made her a pink elephant cake. It wasn’t that complicated to make, but it … Read more
- From Bear to Baby Elephant CakeMaterials needed – Wilton’s Stand-up Teddy Bear pan, ear template from Wilton’s site, fondant, large marshmallows, toothpicks and butter cream. Bake cake according … Read more
- Coolest Elephant Birthday CakeI could not find a bakery in Los Angeles willing to attempt this Homemade Elephant Birthday Cake for under $500.00; … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Elephant Birthday Cake Pictures and Tips 3Coolest Homemade Elephant Birthday Cake Pictures and Tips 3
- Cute Homemade 3D Pink and Purple Elephant Birthday CakeThis Elephant Birthday Cake was made for my daughter’s first birthday party. I took the idea from this website, and … Read more
More Elephant Birthday Cake Pictures and Ideas
I made this cake for my nephew’s 15th birthday. He is a big Alabama Crimson Tide football fan. I searched this site for football cakes but decided to make his a cake with this emblem.
I took a sheet and decorated with white and crimson icing. Then I found an elephant coloring sheet and traced it with piping gel. I transferred the picture on to the cake., I used grey icing for the body. I used black for the toes, mouth, nose and eyes. Next, I also drew on a football jersey which is the color of Alabama.
I used a pound cake for this one. I made the ears out of candy melts. To get them to stay on I cut a slit in the sides of the head from the ears down and slid the ears in. Once the cake was iced they stayed on well.
Just don’t forget to change the nose to a trunk and your elephant is complete. Thanks for sharing all the coole birthday cake pictures on this site!
Bake a square 12 x 12 cake, and cut out template of elephant. Pin to cake and cut out elephant shape. Ice the cake with grey icing. Transfer the template of elephant to some rolled fondant icing. Cut out shape on greaseproof paper and transfer to top of cake. Decorate with black piping.
Coolest Elephant Birthday Cake Pictures
A friend of mine requested an elephant cake holding an orchid flower in its trunk for his girlfriend… so this is what I came up with.
I baked two 9×13 in. cakes and then stacked them on top of each other. Then I cut the whole cake in half and placed them next to each other like a “T” shape. The horizontal became the head and vertical became the body.
Next, I rounded the elephant’s head and body free hand with a serrated knife. Extra pieces are used for the trunk and legs. After the shape was finished, I iced it with a light blue frosting, drew the eyes, and added details. The ears were made of white chocolate dyed with blue food coloring to match the icing. It held up pretty well.
I didn’t put much time into the orchid flower, which was made of a cupcake and drawn on with icing. The last thing was the green icing piped on the cake board. I used a tip with many small holes to give the illusion of grass (as you can tell in the birthday cake pictures).