Take a look at these cool homemade Drum cakes shared with us by cake decorators from around the world. Along with the childrens birthday cake ideas here, you’ll also find loads DIY birthday cake-making ideas and how-to tips to inspire your next birthday cake project. Enjoy!
And don’t forget… if you end up with a cool cake, have great tips to share or pictures of awesome birthday cakes you’ve made in the past, share them here and be a part of our coolest birthday cake community.
Latest Drum Cakes
- Cool Drum Kit Cake for a Drum FanaticWe had a request to make a drum kit cake for a 30th birthday. We were nervous and excited at … Read more
- Coolest Pipe Band Drum CakeMy Dad is a drummer in a pipe band so I thought I’d make him a Drum cake for his … Read more
- Carol’s Tambourine Birthday CakeMy friend, Carol, is the founder and director of a Praise and Worship Dance Team called “Expressions of Miriam” (in the … Read more
- Cool Drum Cake for a GroomI made this cake for the Groom’s cake at a wedding, following instructions from Coolest Drum Cake 7. Thank you … Read more
- Coolest Drum-Shaped Childrens Birthday Cake Photos 3I made this cake for my sons music-themed 3rd birthday and now that he is almost 5 he still remembers … Read more
- Awesome Homemade 2-Tier Drum CakeMy son, Sam, loves music and wanted a drum cake for his 4th birthday. He also wanted an orchestra on … Read more
- Coolest Drum Birthday CakeI made this Drum Birthday Cake for my son’s 20th birthday. The snare drums are just round cakes cut into … Read more
- Coolest Drummer CakeI made this drummer cake for a family member who plays the drums. I got this picture from Clipart. It … Read more
- Coolest 30th Drum CakeThis 30th Drum Cake was my first attempt of making a fancyish cake and the most important thing for me … Read more
- Cool Homemade Drum CakeFor my husband returning from being on tour drumming for 7 months I really wanted to this Drum Cake. I … Read more
- Cool Homemade Drum Set and Drummer CakeThis Drum Cake is 2 10` round chocolate cakes filled with vanilla icing and then covered in ganache. Then I … Read more
- Coolest Drum CakeThis drum cake was my first attempt at covering a cake with Fondant. It wasn’t perfect, but it turned out … Read more
Featured Childrens Birthday Cake Ideas
My son loves drums! So for his first childrens birthday cake I made this drum cake complete with drumsticks. I used a box cake mix in two 9-inch round pans. I split each cake into two layers and filled them with chocolate pudding. Once they were filled I used vanilla icing as a crumb coat then I made modeling chocolate. You can find recipes for modeling chocolate at Joyofbaking.com and searching for “modeling chocolate”. If you want to color the chocolate use either oil-based gel colors or powdered food coloring (regular food coloring has too much water and cause the chocolate to seize up).
You treat the modeling chocolate like dough. The entire outside of the cake is modeling chocolate. It gets fairly stiff and may crack when you cut the cake but it tastes great.
For my brother’s 16th birthday/going away on tour party I made him a snare drum cake. It’s fashioned after a DW but don’t tell them they might sue me, just tell them that it is a plain childrens birthday cake. I used regular layer pans. I coated the cake with a thin layer of frosting. I used my layer pan as a template for the top piece of fondant, the side of the cake is a separate piece. The lugs are also made out of fondant and I used toothpicks and a little frosting to hold those on. I just painted the logo on the drum head using food coloring.
I made this childrens birthday cake for a 13-year-old boy who plays the drums.
The childrens birthday cake was a lemon flavoured Genoese sponge and I used three different sized tins. Seeing as I didn’t have the correct sized cake tins I used a biscuit tin, a tuna tin and a salmon tin. Which I carefully lined with greased baking paper to ensure they didn’t stick.
I covered the cake with butter cream first then I made the sugar paste myself (a bit time consuming but cheaper than buying it) and iced it. This cake took quite a few hours but I was really pleased with the outcome.
I made a triple layer round cake and frosted it with grey frosting around the outside and white on the top. I piped blue frosting around the circumference of the cake, top and bottom. There are several vertical stripes of red frosting around the cake and a small circle of colored sugar in the center of the top. The drum sticks are hard candies, similar to peppermint sticks, with large marshmallows at the end.
I made this cake for my son’s music-themed 3rd birthday and now that he is almost 5 he still remembers his cool drum cake.