Home » Animal Cakes » Elephant Cakes » Cute Homemade Carved Elephant Birthday Cake

Cute Homemade Carved Elephant Birthday Cake

I made this Elephant birthday cake for a little girl’s 4th birthday. I was stumped when she said she wanted an elephant cake. I didn’t want to use an elephant pan, but wanted to create my own! Also, I hate fondant, so I wanted to be able to use regular butter cream frosting. So, here it is! It turned out better than I imagined and was a bit hit.

I baked three round cakes, two white and 1 chocolate. I cooked them according to package directions. Then, I used one round for the elephant body, cut the head with trunk out of one of the other rounds, and the two legs out of the third round. I mixed up a homemade batch of butter cream and colored 80% pink and the other 20% purple. I decorated the entire cake with piping stars. The elephant eye is a white candy melt and raisin.

Leave a Comment