My husband who is a kid at heart has always wanted a dragon birthday cake so I surprised him with this one. He was so surprised that it made his day.
- This cake was made out of two 9 inch round cakes. One was cut in half to make the body and the other was used for the the tail, neck, head and legs.
- Once I had the cake laid out the real challenge was frosting it. My husband does not like buttercream frosting so I had to use store-bought whipped frosting.
- I had to refrigerate the frosting and the cake for about 40 minutes to be able to add the frosting.
- For texture I used the leaf tip to get the scale look, Oreo cookies for the scales on the back, Smarties candy for the eyes and paper wings.
- My sons added the fighting figures and flames.
- The landscape is brown sugar.
It was a lot of fun and the hit of the party. My advise is to use your imagination and have fun.