Take a look at these cool homemade Lion birthday cakes shared with us by bakers from around the world. If you end up with a cool cake, or already have some cool cake photos and tips to share, send them over via this form.
Latest Lion Cakes
- Awesome Lion’s Head Birthday CakeOmg how do I start lol. Well I was called at 11:00pm on Saturday to make a last minute cake … Read more
- Coolest Lion CakeMy daughter loves lions, so for her third birthday in February I decided to surprise her with a lion cake. … Read more
- Coolest Leo the Lion Birthday CakeMy aunt called me with this idea of having a lion cake for her birthday and if I would be … Read more
- Cool Lion Cupcake Cake for a Roaring LeoThis lion cupcake was a very easy cake to make! I baked 2 dozen cupcakes and smushed as many as … Read more
- My First Cake Ever for my First Baby’s First Birthday!This is the first cake, and first birthday cake I ever attempted!! Baking wasn’t, and still isn’t, my favourite pastime … Read more
- Coolest Lion CakeI decided this year to take my kids cakes into my own hands. This lion cake was for my youngest … Read more
- Coolest Lion Pride Birthday CakeI made this single layer Homemade Lion Pride Birthday Cake. The cake itself is a Pillsbury chocolate “just add water” … Read more
- Coolest Lion CakeThis is a Lion Cake I made for my sister who’s friend was having a birthday and she asked me … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Lion Cake Photos and Tips 0This lion cake was a basic sheet cake with a round cake to shape the lions head out of. I … Read more
- Coolest Lion Cake DesignAfter I found your website I had a good idea of how to go about making a Lion Cake Design. … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Lion Cake Photos and Tips 1I got the inspiration for this cake on this website. This was for my sons fourth birthday. Lions are his … Read more
- Coolest Baby’s Lion CakeMy son’s one year birthday was coming up and because of his strawberry blond hair, I thought an orange-maned lion … Read more
Featured Lion Cakes
For this lion cake I used a 1lb tin. I covered it in butter icing then light brown icing for the head. I rolled up dark brown cones for the mane and stuck them on. I actually copied this from a lion picture that I saw in a magazine. Read more »
This lion cake was a basic sheet cake with a round cake to shape the lion’s head out of. I used vanilla wafers to ice as ladybugs and the tree frog is shaped from a moon pie! I also used real leaves and melting chocolate wafers to make the leaves on the cake. So much fun! But was an experiment that turned out great!
I got the inspiration for this cake on this website. This was for my son’s fourth birthday. Lions are his favorite animal so the choice was easy. I made a rectangular sponge cake that I then cut to shape the mane. I shaped a cut bit of cake in a triangular kind of shape to make the nose. I used yellow sugar paste to cover the face of the lion and make the ears.
The rest of is simply chocolate-flavored butter cream icing (icing sugar, butter and pure cocoa powder) that I applied irregularly to give a rough effect for the mane. I used
smarties for the eyes and some candies for the whiskers.