Take a look at these cool homemade Veggie Tales cakes shared with us by bakers from around the world. Along with the birthday cakes here, you’ll also find loads DIY birthday cake-making ideas and how-to tips to inspire your next birthday cake project. Enjoy!
And don’t forget… if you end up with a cool cake, have great tips to share or pictures of awesome birthday cakes you’ve made in the past, share them here and be a part of our coolest birthday cake community.
Latest Veggie Tales Cakes
- Coolest Veggie Tale Birthday CakesThe Bob cake was baked in a round baseball/soccer ball pan and Larry came from a normal 13×9 cake pan. … Read more
- Coolest Veggie Tales Kids Birthday Cake IdeasI searched the Web for kids birthday cake ideas as inspiration and came up with this Veggie Tales cake. I … Read more
- Cool Veggie Tales CakeI made this Veggie Tales cake for a very good friends son’s first birthday. Larry stood just a few inches … Read more
- Coolest Sweetpea Beauty Veggie Tales Princess Castle CakeThis is the most elaborate birthday cake I have made so far in the three years I have been a … Read more
- Super-Easy Veggie Tales CakeMy son wanted a Veggie Tales Birthday party. I decided to make a very simple cake pan cake and just decorate the … Read more
- Coolest Bob the Tomato CakeMy best friends little girl was having a Veggie Tales party for her 2nd birthday. I made this Bob the … Read more
- Coolest Bob the Tomato Birthday Cake 2I made the little Bob the Tomato cake for the birthday boy using a Pyrex bowl to bake the cake … Read more
- Coolest Veggie Tales CakeI used a 9×13″ cake pan and an 8″ round cake pan to make this Veggie Tales cake. I used … Read more
- Coolest Bob and Larry Birthday CakeMy daughter loves Bob and Larry, so it was an easy choice for her 2nd birthday party cake. I read … Read more
- Coolest Veggie Tales Cake 4The pattern for this veggie tale cake was taken off of a box of Veggie Tale band-aids we had. I … Read more
- Coolest Veggie Tales CakeI created this cake for my nephew and nieces birthday party. The bottom base cake is a white chocolate pound … Read more
- Coolest Larry the Cucumber CakeI made this Larry the Cucumber Cake for my son’s 3rd birthday. I used a store bought cake mix and … Read more
Veggie Tales Birthday Cake
My two-year-old son is a Veggie Tales fanatic, so a VT party was the perfect theme for his second birthday. Before baking the cakes, I traced the pans I was using onto parchment paper to create a template.
Then I used that shape to draw out the shape that I wanted Bob and Larry to be and I drew their faces onto the template. To make Larry the Cucumber I used my favorite chocolate cake recipe and make a 9 X 13 cake. Once it cooled and cut it in half long ways and stacked the two halves with some canned chocolate icing between the layers.
To make Bob the Tomato, I made that same chocolate cake recipe again and baked it in to round cake pans that I later stacked and put canned chocolate icing between. Once the cakes had cooled I placed my pre-made templates over them and cut them into the right shape. Read more about this Veggie Tales birthday cake…