This homemade batman cake is a 9″ double layer white cake with buttercream filling, frosted with homemade buttercream frosting and covered in homemade marshmallow fondant. Everything on cake is edible and homemade.
To make the mask, I used my grandsons plastic batman mask as a template and mold.
- I rolled out a circle of black fondant.
- I set the mask on top of the circle and cut the shape of the mask out.
- I rubbed Crisco on top of the mask so the fondant wouldn’t stick to it!
- I put the mask shaped fondant on top of the mask and formed the fondant to the 3-d shape of the mask.
- I let it dry on top of the mask for three days.
After the mask was dry I attached two lollipops to the back of the mask with more black fondant and edible glue which I made out of tylose powder and water.
Believe me when I say, “If I can do this so can you. I am not a professional cake decorator by any means!”
Batman… is everyone’s Hero! This homemade Batman cake proved to be quite a hero too!