I made this soccer cake for a friend’s son who is turning 10. Joey told his Mom he would like a soccer cake for his birthday and he is on a soccer team called Three Rivers Soccer.
Soccer Cake Instructions
- I wanted to make the cake special to him, so I Googled his soccer team and found a picture of his soccer team’s emblem.
- I printed the emblem out on a sugar sheet with edible ink, attached it to fondant and cut it out.
- I then got on his mom’s Facebook page, found a picture of him in his soccer uniform, and did the same thing with his picture, except I did it on a thicker piece of fondant.
- I made the ball he’s holding in the picture 3D.
- For the soccer ball cake I used half of the Wilton sports ball pan and covered the cake in buttercream frosting.
- I then cut the pentagon and hexagon shapes for the ball out of black and white fondant and attached them to the frosting on the cake.
- The cake itself is a 10 inch round cake which I cut in three layers.
- I filled each layer with buttercream frosting and iced the whole cake.
- I then covered it in fondant and added a little buttercream green grass.