Take a look at these cool homemade My Little Pony birthday cake ideas shared with us by cake decorators from around the world. Along with the birthday cakes here, you’ll also find loads DIY birthday cake-making ideas and how-to tips to inspire your next birthday cake project. Enjoy!
And don’t forget… if you end up with a cool cake, have great tips to share or pictures of awesome birthday cakes you’ve made in the past, share them here and be a part of our coolest birthday cake community.
Latest My Little Pony Birthday Cakes
- Coolest My Little Pony Cake IdeasI made this Pinkie Pie My Little Pony cake for my daughter’s third birthday. I rented a Wilton Pony cake … Read more
- Coolest MLP Cake Design Ideas and Cake Decorating TipsThis cake design is hand drawn and then cut to shape. More MLP Cake Design Ideas My Little Pony Cake … Read more
- Coolest My Little Pony Cake!This My Little Pony cake was designed specifically for my little girl. She loves “My Little Pony” and especially Pinkie … Read more
- Cool Homemade My Little Pony Pinkie Pie CakeI made the round cakes and covered them in fondant. The lettera are fondant cutouts with edible glitter in them. I … Read more
- Coolest My Little Pony Carousel CakeI made this carousel cake for my friend’s 4-year-old. She loves My Little Ponies, so I used the Wilton’s Carousel … Read more
- Cool My Little Pony Castle CakeThis My Little Pony castle cake is made of 2 10″ layers; 2 5″ layers, 7 turrets, and a set … Read more
- Equestria My Little Pony 5th Birthday CakeMy 5 year old, Melody, LOVES My Little Pony and wanted a fun cake. I love decorating cakes, but I … Read more
- Cool Homemade My Little Pony Cake with a RainbowMy best friend’s daughter wanted a rainbow cake but I wanted to make it a little more for her. I … Read more
- Cool Rainbow Pony CakeEvery birthday my kids and I search the internet for ideas on what cake they want for their birthday. We … Read more
- Coolest My Little Pony Birthday CakeHere is a My Little Pony Cake that I made for my Grand daughter’s 6th Birthday! She was very excited! … Read more
- Cool Homemade My Little Pony Rainbow CakeI made this My Little Pony Rainbow cake for my daughter’s 4th birthday. The sky is a sheet cake with white … Read more
- Coolest My Little Pony CakeMy Little Pony Cake Instructions: Step 1: I used the Wilton “Precious Little Pony” pan and sketched a “My Little … Read more
I made this My Little Pony birthday cake for my daughter. To put the picture onto the cake I used a coloring in page I printed out then I pricked the image with a pin onto the cake using the printed out page. Then I used a piping bag and piped the black outline onto the cake using royal icing and black food coloring and let it dry. Then I used lemon juice and different food colorings. I thinned out the remaining royal icing and did what is called flooding technique where you pipe all the different colored icings into the places they are meant to be. I did find that using a wooden skewer to get the icing into tight places helps a lot. After a bit of practice this technique is rather easy and can be a lot of fun.
Cool Carved Cake
My little pony birthday cake was made using three Butter Cake quantities cooked in a deep slab tin. The outline was chosen by my five year old daughter. All the icing is Vienna Cream.
The eye is self drawn and colored and stuck onto plastic then put onto cake. Mane and Tail is Vienna cream icing and extended onto the background for effect – handy for excess little fingers who love the icing at parties. The flowers were artificial flower.
Purplicious My Little Pony Birthday Cake
My mom had a large piece of glass that she would make our birthday cakes on growing up. They were some of the fondest memories. She would decorate the whole glass with what ever theme we picked. Now that I have my own children I have my own glass and have decorated my children’s cakes. When my daughter chose My Little Pony birthday cake for her seventh birthday I didn’t know where to start. So I found this web site.
I used two 9×13 cakes and cut out the main part. The excess cake I flipped around to use for more main and tail. I didn’t use any stencils, it was all free hand so it is pretty shaky lines. I used fondant tools to smooth the icing out and pull the colors through on the tail and mane. Then, I used toothpicks to smooth out the icing of the eye.
We used white icing and buttercream colored with pink and purple Wiltons Color gel. We had several bowls of all different shades of pink and purple. I iced the main areas with pink for mane and tail and purple for the body. Then used icing in Ziploc bags with tip cut out for outline. My daughter did the sprinkles on mane, tail and grass. She really wanted “Fizzy Pop” pony so I used the tube icing and tips for that.
Fantastic Fondant Cake
I made a three layer checkerboard cake from a box mix to start. After cooling I trimmed the rounded tops off of each layer and iced each layer. I piled all the rounded pieces on top of the cake for a domed roof effect and then applied a thin layer of buttercream on the outside of the cake.
I covered My Little Pony birthday cake with white fondant. Then I used a circle cutter to cut out pink and purple tiles for the roof. Also, I covered the cake board in green fondant for the yard and made little flower covered bushes in the yard. I used food coloring pens for a lot of the detail work. I also found smaller than normal plastic My Little Ponies for the yard. It was a definite hit at the party!
Adorable My Little Pony Birthday Cake
One of my twins wanted a My Little Pony birthday cake for her 5th birthday so this is what I came up with. First I baked a sheet cake using two cake mixes. Then I frosted it with butter cream frosting. I covered the bottom half of the cake with waxed paper and sprayed the top half with blue color spray then I frosted the bottom green. It would have been better to spray the bottom with green color spray but I ran out.
After that I used the flower tip to make flowers around the grass. Also, I used a writing tip to put the yellow in the center of the flowers and to add the grass at the top of the green and in various places around the green part of the cake. I made a rainbow at the top using the colors my daughter wanted. Then, I used the #12 tip to make the clouds. I had a little My Little Pony figurine my daughter got from McDonalds that we put on the cake. I added the shell border and it was done my daughter loves it!
Fun Homemade Cake
My daughter wanted a My Little Pony birthday cake for her fourth birthday so I took a picture of a pony from her coloring book and downloaded it into my computer. I then used a greetings program to enlarge it like I was going to print a poster.
Once it was enlarged I printed it out taped it together and then I baked two 13 x 9 cakes and put them side by side on a board. I placed the template on top of the cakes and cut around the outside edge of the cake. It was then ready to frost. I used the colors my daughter wanted and this is how it turned out. I enjoy showing my friends and family the creativity.