Zebra Print Guitar Birthday Cake
I made this guitar birthday cake for my daughter, who was turning thirteen. She loves zebras and guitars, so what better cake to make than a zebra printed guitar.
Guitar Birthday Cake Instructions
- I started by making a chocolate sheet cake.
- I tried to draw a pattern of a guitar on a sheet of paper. In fact, it took me several tries before I got it right.
- I cut the cake shape out from the pattern I had made.
- I made some buttercream frosting and marshmallow fondant to cover the cake.
- The neck of the guitar was tough to get straight, but with some care I got it.
- I made the strings from buttercream. I had to take a toothpick and remove them several times, and repeat until I got them straight.
I didn’t let my daughter see the cake until her birthday. She was so surprised. She didn’t want to eat it, but I told her everybody came to eat cake. So, she finally agreed to share her zebra print guitar birthday cake with her friends. I was glad she liked her birthday cake so much.