Take a look at these cool homemade M&Ms cakes shared with us by cake decorators from around the world. Along with the birthday cakes here, you’ll also find loads DIY birthday cake-making ideas and how-to tips to inspire your next birthday cake project. Enjoy!
And don’t forget… if you end up with a cool cake, have great tips to share or pictures of awesome birthday cakes you’ve made in the past, share them here and be a part of our coolest birthday cake community.
Latest M&Ms Cakes
- M&M Cake for Justin’s 11th BirthdayAt this age they wait for the last minute. Oh yea, can I have a M&M cake and make it … Read more
- Awesome Homemade Anti-Gravity M&Ms CakeI made this cake because I wanted to create something fun and unique for my partner’s birthday. I really enjoyed … Read more
- Coolest M&Ms Anti-Gravity CakeMy niece was turning 14 and I wanted to make her something special. I had seen this M&Ms anti-gravity cake … Read more
- Coolest M&Ms Anti-Gravity CakeThis M&Ms anti-gravity cake was a practice run for me to see how it would turn out. To make the … Read more
- Cool Anti-Gravity M&Ms Birthday CakeI made this anti-gravity M&Ms cake for my granddaughter’s 11th birthday, so it had to be a little more “grown … Read more
- Coolest M&Ms Cake ExperienceAfter making and decorating several butter cream cakes, I decided I was ready to venture into the world of fondant. … Read more
- Must-Have M&M Cake for a 2nd BirthdayThis was the first homemade cake I have ever made beside putting batter in a cake pan and pouring frosting over when … Read more
- Coolest M&M Character CakeMy 3-yr-old son loves M&Ms and that’s the cake he wanted for his birthday. I got the idea from the … Read more
- Coolest M And M CakeMy dad helped me make this M&M cake for my mom who loves m&m’s. Took a 9×13 pan and decorated … Read more
- Coolest Peanut M&M Birthday CakeThis was my first attempt at making something other than the standard two layer, eight inch round cake for a … Read more
- Coolest M And M CakeI made this M&M cake for a co-worker who loves M&Ms. I used a the ball shaped pan and made … Read more
- Coolest M&M Birthday CakeMy best friend’s son was having a pool party for his 10th birthday. She was traveling that week and wouldn’t … Read more
This was my third grandson, Andrew’s second birthday. My daughter always seems to come up with a different homemade cake recipe for Andrew’s cakes. For this one I found a picture of the M&M man.
I used a 14” round cake pan that has a rounded top. These are a great set of pans that make an attractive cake for decorating. I use two cake mixes for this size pan. I prefer Duncan Hines cake mixes and always set the oven temperature at 315 degrees so that the cake center will rise flat and even with the sides. I also put wax paper back into the original pan and cover very well and freeze the cakes. They are easier to ice if frozen.
I made the M&M man out of fondant. It can be bought at the store and is like Play Dough. Keep it covered in a container until ready to put on the cake. The bottom border was a shell border using a large open star tip and a ruffle #101 around each shell. Peanut M&M’s were added around the cake. The writing can be directly onto the cake with a round tip. I don’t like my letter writing skills too much so I sometimes do the letters days before in royal icing. The recipe is in the Wilton book.
When finished I glued a toothpick on the back of each one with royal icing and let dry. This will keep the letters out of the icing. I put them at an angle on the cake. I like the way they look standing away from the cake. You can see that Andrew picks off the letters and eats those first!
For this M&M’s homemade cake recipe idea , I used a 9″ round cake pan. I cut a little bit of the base so that it would sit up. I frosted with blue, white and black buttercream frosting and used Mr. Potato Head’s arms.