Take a look at these cool homemade Barnyard and Barn cakes shared with us by bakers from around the world. Along with the birthday cakes here, you’ll also find loads DIY birthday cake-making ideas and how-to tips to inspire your next birthday cake project. Enjoy!
And don’t forget… if you end up with a cool cake, have great tips to share or pictures of awesome birthday cakes you’ve made in the past, share them here and be a part of our coolest birthday cake community.
Latest Barnyard Cakes
- Coolest Farming Tractor Cakes – Perfect for a Barnyard BirthdayThese cakes were for a 3-year old boy who is a huge fan of John Deere Tractors. I baked individual … Read more
- Cool Ideas for Making Cakes for a Barnyard Theme PartyI used an idea for making cakes I found online. I started with a yellow cake mix and using buttercream … Read more
- Coolest Barn Cake Ideas for a Barnyard BirthdayThis barn cake was made for a friend’s daughter and a black fantasy horse. They have horses and chickens and … Read more
- Coolest Barns and Animals Birthday Cake IdeasThis is a cake I did for my niece’s 2nd birthday. I just made a 1/2 sheet cake and buttercream … Read more
- Cool Homemade Farming Scene Birthday CakeThis farming scene birthday cake was my first cake that I did for a friend and I was thrilled with how … Read more
- Coolest Farming Scene Birthday CakeThe Request: “Mom, for Garrett’s second birthday would you make a cake with farm animals and real tractors?” When my … Read more
- Cool Hand-Carved Tractor Birthday CakeThis Tractor birthday cake was only the second “creative cake” I had ever made. I think it is my favorite, not … Read more
- Awesome 3D Homemade Barnyard Birthday CakeI made this Barnyard Birthday Cake for a friend of mine at work who wanted her granddaughter to have a … Read more
- Coolest John Deere Tractor CakeHere’s my 3-tier John Deere tractor birthday cake! I hope you like it. Related cakes: Coolest John Deere Birthday Cake … Read more
- Adorable Homemade Farm Cake and Animal CupcakesMaking a Farm Party This was for my 2 year old’s farm themed birthday party. I reserved a party house … Read more
- Awesome Farm Animal CakeThis farm animal cake was made for my son’s birthday July 2, 2015. The animals I made (cow, chicks/chicken, and … Read more
- Cool Farm Cake with Pretzel Stick FenceMy daughter wanted a pony ride birthday party so I decided to surprise her with a farm cake. I used … Read more
Featured Barnyard and Barn Cake Ideas
The animals I made (cow, chicks/chicken, and pigs) took the longest to make. The pig pen is an idea a relative sent me. That and the actual cake were very simple to make. The bottom layer is 9 in cake. The top is a six in cake. I used Kit Kats to make the pig pen, then tied twine string around them. I molded all the animals out of fondant.
My son loved “helping” me make the animals. I attached all the animals to the barn cake with buttercream icing. Read more about this farm animal cake…
My grandson Cayden, who turned four on this birthday, presented me with a drawing of exactly how he wanted his birthday cake to look. “I want a farmyard please, grandma”. He was very specific in explaining that he wanted a tree with apples, there HAD to be a pond with fish jumping out, the barn HAD to be red, and lastly, his most important “had to be” was a big sun in the sky over the barn. Read more about this barnyard cake…
This Tractor birthday cake was only the second “creative cake” I had ever made. I think it is my favorite, not only from the reaction it got from my son, but also because I came up with the idea only by watching my son play with a wooden tractor that his Grandpa had made for him. Our son Logan, who was turning two, was obsessed with “mow-mows,” which was any kind of tractor or lawn mower. Read more »